Also:

Also view the Calgary blog for more insights and photos: CJAIsrael2018.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Rafting on the Jordan - by Matthew

The highlight of April 15th was rafting. I was on a raft with Moreh Ari, Dara, Yael, and Josh. I told Dara that I would jump out of the raft with her but it ended up being just her suffering the coldness of the river. At one point we all tried to push each other out but in the end we realized that none of us would budge. The 'rapids' were this small waterfall that took half a second to go over, but it didn't make it any less of an experience. Towards the end of the ride, we pulled over to the side and grabbed a tree branch, waiting for another raft to come so we could jump onto it. 

After a while of waiting I accidentally dropped my paddle into the river and Moreh Ari jumped out to get it. He had gotten hold of the paddle but didn't realize one crucial detail; it is hard to swim upstream. We were sadly forced to abandon plans of sabotage against our Israeli friends, and go collect Moreh Ari. It turned out that it didn't matter whether we waited or not because they ended up taking an hour longer than any other group. Apparently they were walking upstream for half an hour and then they went to the side of the river and made a fire to warm up. They did all of this while everyone else was patiently waiting.

While we were waiting calmly for the Israelis, I ordered a hotdog at 11:20. The person who took orders told me that it would be 5 minutes for the fries. Within the next 30 minutes multiple people ordered the same meal as me, the only difference being that they actually got theirs. What did I ever do to him to be treated as I was. By the time I got the hotdog there were only 30 minutes until lunch. Everybody enjoyed their pizza, and then it was home to our temporary families.

































No comments:

Post a Comment